It’s Crufts week! How has it come around again already? Myself and Alfie will be there for the whole show. Last year we were invited along as Crufts Official Bloggers, we had so many posts to plan that the whole experience was somewhat chaotic. This year will be a lot calmer, as I am just there blogging for myself.
I’m hoping to use those four days as more of a social to do some networking and of course meet up with some of you.. I’ll warn you now, Alfie is probably going to kiss you to death! Don’t tell Alfie, but I will also make the most of the busy environment to do some training. It’s the perfect environment to work on his heel work and strengthen his waits.
What to watch?
- Phillipa Williams – As always! I adore her displays, I can really relate to her way of training. Even if you don’t own a gundog it is well worth a watch.
- Gee Gee Dogs – I have recently started training Alfie with Jeannie Gee and her beautiful Spaniel. On the Thursday Jeannie will be in the Good Citizen ring talking about her transition into TV Work.
- Heelwork to music – We can dream hey! Watching the dogs and their owners prance around the ring performing pure perfection is just wonderful to watch. I don’t think Alfie and I will ever get to that standard… But he is damn good at his twirls haha!
So, which stands will I be heading to first?
- ChuckIt! – I have been lucky enough to work very closely with the team for the past year. Alfie and I will be stopping by to stock up on some essentials. We also have a very exciting meeting mid show!
- Redhound For Dogs – I have been following this company for years! I am so excited to check out their fabulous products in person! I’m probably going to go a little mad with the shopping… But Alfie deserves it.
- Equafleece – A must for all events, I’m a huge fan of their jumpers so I always like to check out the show offers.
- Animology – I have been working on some photos with them for a while now, so I’m excited to meet the team… I am a firm fan of their products, so I highly recommend popping by and grabbing some of their shampoo!
- Dependable Pets – I love their treats, they stock these fabulous treats called love bites – Alfie just goes mad for them! I will be stocking up throughout the show, I get through the tubs in no time!
Alfie will have his obligatory pre-crufts bath on Wednesday, I know he isn’t showing but he is currently a lovely shade of mud!! I think bath time is well overdue.
I can’t wait to see you there!
Emma & Alfie xox
*Image by Aura Photographs