Most of you have probably found your way here from following Alfie on Instagram or Twitter.. We hope to let you all delve a bit more into our life.. Sharing adventures, photos, dog friendly trips and even the odd trick. But I think to start off with it’s probably best to let you get to know Alfie a little bit better.
10 facts about Alfie
- Alfie has many nicknames.. Alf, Alfman, Alfred, Marmite, Wiggle.. But my favourite is Fred. He was actually called Barney when we got him, with the pedigree name “Brave Barney” but it just didn’t suit him.
- He’s a English Springer Spaniel.. He’s from working stock, that’s why he is a lot smaller than show stock, he also has much shorter ears.
- He was born on the 3rd July 2012.
- Alfie was actually the runt of the litter, initially we were going to view his brother.. But I completely fell in love with the timid ball of fur hiding at the back of the kennel.. I just knew he was the one!
- I’m always looking to teach him new tricks, he currently knows: sit, stay, heal, paw, high five, down, bow, roll over, stick them up, play dead, spin, speak..
- He is a very loyal boy, no matter where I am you can guarantee he will be by my side.
- He is a bit of a brat, he will not join in with any games or training unless it is one to one. bearing in mind that he has a brother and sister it can very difficult!
- His three favourite things are swimming, shadow chasing and going shooting with me.. Although he is trained to work he is very much a peg dog!
- We have just started agility, according to our instructor he is a natural! Very excited to see where this will take us!
- You would never believe it now, but when he was younger he hated to have his photo taken, now he will pose on command.
I cannot wait to share out adventures with you, what would you like to see next?
Emma & Alfie xox